Saturday, May 16, 2009

You Know What Really Grinds My Gears?

You know what really grinds my gears? When people ride the escalator all the way up to the tippy top. You know what I'm talking about? All the way up to where the stairs become flat and get recycled into the escalator again. It's like they can't be bothered to walk until the last possible second when they absolutely have to. Don't get me wrong, I'm not one of those annoying people who charge up the escalator at full speed, I enjoy the ride, but I will usually take the last 5-10 steps just to get the journey started. But sometimes this is foiled by the esca-rider who must squeeze every ounce of automation out of the moving stairs. When those annoying esca-bounders are flying by to my left I am stuck and must ride the ride to the tippy top, standing to the right for the entirety of my journey.

So to you esca-rider, move it or the top of the escalator will eat your shoelace.

No comments: