Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Geeks vs Nerds


I have been meaning to post this picture that describes the differences in Geeks, Nerds, Dorks, and Dweebs. I believe this accurately portrays the true separation of the "statuses". If you had to pick a winner I am sure it would be the Geeks.

Let me break down a few examples, for instance someone who is obsessed with technology or science to a high degree of knowledge and can easily relate to the world would be considered a Geek. Another example is a person who obsesses over something that does not improve their knowledge such as LARPing or Star Trek and can not be social or interact in a group without discussing their obsession, then that person would be a Dork!

Please Discuss, does anyone else have good examples to prove the Venn Diagram.

1 comment:

Sarawon said...

Hi!

My name is Jane and I am writing you because I came across your page while doing fan outreach for the Nancy Drew series.

I'm writing to fans of the series as well as the genre to let you know that my company, CARD.com, has partnered with the folks at Moxie & Co to release the official Nancy Drew prepaid debit cards. These beautiful cards pay tribute to Nancy Drew and feature some really iconic classic book covers, as well as some more modern looks as well.

You can see them all here:
https://www.card.com/gallery?tag=nancy&afid=120

I hope you love these cards as much as I do. I'd be really appreciative if you could help me spread the word and share the news on Facebook or any other fan sites you participate in! If you do share, please use the link above.

If you have any questions about the card, I'd love to chat more - feel free to shoot me a note!

Thanks so much,
Jane
jane@card.com